The City Clerk Department issues various licenses and permits, maintains resolutions and ordinances, handles records requests, and coordinates municipal elections. The City Clerk's Department is also responsible for the receipt, distribution and expenditure of all city funds in addition to the following duties:
- Prepare Council meeting agenda and minutes
- Schedule all legal advertising for the city
- Process business license applications, alcohol license applications, special event applications, and yard sale permits
- Maintain city board and committee appointments and terms
- Conduct all municipal elections
- Prepare resolutions for council adoption
- Maintain and update municipal resolutions and ordinances
- Provide general administrative and clerical assistance to the Council
The mission of the Office of the City Clerk/Treasurer is:
- To maintain and strengthen five basic structures of local democracy: elections, public records, City Council proceedings, licensing, and the dissemination of public information; and
- To maintain and enhance the City's revenue base by applying sound financial practices and directing the City's financial resources toward meeting its long-term goals.
We maintain a system of accounting that complies with applicable accounting standards and fully discloses the City's financial position. We coordinate the preparation of the Mayor's annual budget and conduct timely year-round budget control. We also provide administrative leadership, direction, and support to the Mayor, City Council, City departments, and the public. We continually seek to improve our services for all who use them--from the citizens of Albertville to the City Council and the Mayor.